4 – Go
First, we’re going to talk about points and rewards for target actions. Points on CLEANetwork.com are just for fun, they’re not to make a big competition or make anyone nervous. They’re mainly meant to help people feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction when the complete a target action so they’ll keep coming back and doing more of them. There are a lot of implicit rewards in taking target actions but sometimes people like that instant gratification. A few other things:
- Also, it’s possible to use points in your own groups or families; for example, if a mom wants to set up target actions for her kids to change behavior around the house, she can do that. It’s possible to transfer points and we can help people set up things like that.
- Schools can set up target actions for their students. The students can be awarded on CLEANetwork.com or get extra credit, for example.
- Business can set up target actions for their customers. They may offer points on CLEANetwork.com or they could give out coupons, for example. It’s a way to work together on the challenges that face us all.
- It’s also possible to earn other rewards through target actions. Some target actions may have certificates or other compensation. Also, eventually, it might be possible to “redeem” points, but not as yet.
Next, we’re going to talk about all the things you can do on CLEANetwork.com and how they relate to target actions and rewards. We categorize target actions by Learn/Create/Do, and whether they reduce emissions, or increase community resilience and human connections.
- Learn: People can take courses on a variety of topics. There are other way people can learn, such as through discussions with others, but for the purposes of points and rewards, we just count courses at this time for learning credit. Courses are categorized by level of time involved:
- Mini-Courses: little time, fewer points
- Intro-To-Go: medium time, medium points
- Courses: more time, more points
- Do: Just participating on the CLEANetwork.com, viewing content, posting responses to other members’ posts, posting in and starting new discussion forums or topics, viewing posts on the Exchange, and even just browsing new courses. Everyone gets 100 points when they sign up. We also especially encourage people to share whatever you can on social media and invite friends and family to the site.
- Create: Create means creating something new. So a new group, a new project in a group, a new course, a new list, a new post, a new listing on the exchange. We especially want people to post target actions and climate ventures.
Currently, when you do the activities above, you get points on your CLEANetwork.com profile as follows:
Add New Course
Create new group
Add Climate Ventures
Add Target Actions
Add New Project in Group
|Create New List||25|
Add To Do List Item
Visitor referral and signup
Share on Facebook
|Share on Twitter||25|
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Pinterest
|New forum topic||25|
|Join a group||25|
Visitor referral (no signup)
Any comment: post, group or forum
New profile activity
Viewing Target Actions
Viewing Climate Ventures