This is a course offered by the United Nations at this link:
You can view all the UN courses at this link:
The course is free and open to the public, but you have to register an account.
A green economy results in improved human well-being and social equity, while significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities. Learn how governments, businesses and citizens can enable the shift to a green economy and what is the role you can play to support a low carbon, resource efficient, and socially inclusive future.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in
In this course, we will go on a journey that introduces us to the basic concepts, policy instruments and international frameworks of inclusive green economies. Our path consists of five modules which are divided into smaller sections. You can start with any module depending on your preference.
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the rationale and core concepts for realizing an inclusive green economy against business-as-usual practices
- Identify enabling conditions for greening national economies
- Outline principal opportunities and challenges in key sectors
- Provide examples of national strategies and planning to advance an inclusive green economy
- Distinguish international frameworks and initiatives in support of an inclusive green economy
Each of the five modules features a quiz. A quiz is passed with a score of 70% or above. You have three attempts for each quiz. Once you successfully passed all quizzes, you will receive a certificate of completion. Your certificate will be automatically available to download in the “Certification” section under the course page.
This e-course has been developed under the umbrella of the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE). PAGE brings together five UN agencies – UN Environment, International Labour Organization, UN Development Programme, UN Industrial Development Organization, and UN Institute for Training and Research – whose mandates, expertises and networks combined can offer integrated and holistic support to countries on inclusive green economy.